Sunday, May 24, 2009

#98 - Talentime!

(Haha, I find this photo hilarious)
Yesterday was a wonderful night!
I enjoyed myself to the max.
In fact, it was wayyyyyyy better than Graduation Night last year.
It felt so much like Graduation Night lo, except without food.

I got 3rd for those who are wondering what prize I got anyway.
Expected lah, my competitors were strong and they did well. :)

I was prepared to get 3rd already. But it was already a miracle I've come this far. Like what Mdm Khoo smsed me. She told me she wasn't able to make it for Talentime yesterday but she wanted me to know that being selected as one of the three finalists from the many contestants, I am already quite remarkable. And that I must jiayou and enjoy myself tomorrow night and continue to enjoy singing all the time. I am like so touched lah.
I want to sincerely thank all who supported and voted and cheered for me be it during yesterday's performance or the day before etc.
You guys were great. I love you. (blows kisses) And I want to thank my JC's clique for giving the bouquet of 10 roses. They're pretty. :)

I am really very (okay, pardon my limited vocabulary) touched ok! Many people smsed or called me yesterday lo. I want to cry lah, but of course I didn't, because my makeup would smudge mah. Haha.

You must be now wondering why I claimed this event was better than Graduation Night right? Let me share with you why.

Firstly, my makeup was done quite perfectly with the help of this wonderful teacher, Ms Mardiana. She is pregnant and about to give birth and yet she still came to help us.
Secondly, I got my hair styled all than
ks to her. :)
Thirdly, I put on false eyelashes. Whooooo. My virgin attempt. :)
Lastly, the eyelashes gave me double eyelids. Yay! :))
I received several compliments/comments after my makeover as well.
Things like:
"You look so different lah!"
"You look prettier without spectacles, you should get con
tacts!"
"You've got big eyes!"

"OMG, is that really
you? I couldn't even recognize you lah!"
"I am stunned!"


Lili said I looked better than during Graduation Night. :D

And Addy just had to suan me.

He said something like, "Wah I couldn't even recognize you when they were introducing the finalists on stage. I just had to look for the shortest one among them all."

WTH?!

Haha but all in all, it was really a wonderful night, if not for the fact that I didn't wear any spectacles or even contacts and most of the time I had to be guided by Perlin or Lihui or Jayne like some blind lady. :/

Now, let me show you the before and after pictures of my makeover. The wonders of makeup!
Before, with all the flaws like eyebags and pimples and single eyelids with short eyelashes and flat hair.
After with much difference. LOL.

Actually I took a lot of photos leh, think like 120+?! I will just upload some ah.


Making up in progress...


2nd runner up for Vocal Solo (English), Shufen! (inserts gazillions of hearts!)


1st runner up for Vocal Solo (English), YuNeng! :)


1st for Vocal Solo (English), Jayne! :)


2nd runner up for Vocal Solo (Mandarin), Mabel! :) (I think she looks like my cousin and secondary 4 classmate mixed together.)


1st runner up for Vocal Solo (Mandarin), Perlin! :)


1st for Vocal Solo (Mandarin), Lihui! :)

Pardon me for the huge upload of self shots. It is very seldom you'd and I'd see myself in makeup you know. :D


See my moolah in the photo? :D


If only my face was th
is flawless everyday...

The 10 Roses!



I don't want the roses to die so early, so I anyhow went to find this Macdonald cups thingy which we bought during the Olympics 2008 that time, and used it as a vase, haha!


Ain't they lovely?

By the way, the overall champion who gets the $1000 went to Crew 3047, the dance group. Their dance is so damn nice, with songs like Mad by Neyo and Wait For You by Elliot Yamin inside. I'm falling in love with it lah, they deserve the $1000 man, plus they got 1st for the dance category! Congratulations! You guys are the bomb! (They all happened to be fron Nanhua Secondary by the way!) For the vocal group, CHIMES got the winning title! Congrats yo! :)

He gives her a pat on the shoulder and said, "All the best for tomorrow!"

I am a really happy girl yesterday you know. :)

PS: Lynette, please send me the photos you took yesterday, thankyou! :)
PSS: I did run my 6 rounds! Okay, actually it was only 5 and a half, my ankle injury acted up again.
PSSS: I deleted Love Story from my music player, too sick of hearing that song already.
PSSSS: I hate Clive and Tarday. I received inside news that you guys didn't vote for me. Booooo. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, rude people suck.