Monday, June 15, 2009

#106.2 - Taekwondo Camp Part 2

As promised I am back to update more about Taekwondo Camp.

Wasn't able to wake up and post an entry yesterday so here I am today to make up for the loss.

Okay, Taekwondo Camp was great by the way. :)

First Day!
We were supposed to be in school by 1 and since Sir Eric would be late, we were being separated into groups and were given 'ice breaker' games to play with. After that, Sir Eric arrived and then we were sent to our bunks (classrooms) where we put our stuff and then we went back to the PE porch to gather.

I forgot what we did after that. Then we had a break and we did this.



100m of front kicks, 100m of turning kicks, 100m of sidekicks (Bruce Lee's favourite), 100m of slamming kicks and 100m of back thrusts.



Then we had to run back to the starting point to continue the other kicks. We had to do all the kicks in slow motion by the way so it was really tiring.

After that we had a break and then we had dinner. Maggi noodles with fishballs, eggs, mushrooms, baked beans. Haha, it was quite fun actually.

Then it was Pattern training where we practised for the upcoming grading in July. Yellow belt here I come!

It was time to sleep later and everyone of us were shagged by then. I had a tough time trying to get to sleep with all the noises etc. I woke up like 5 times in the middle of the night and I wasn't sure if I did even sleep at all.

Second Day!
Woke up at 5/5.30 (?) in the morning. We had a run around the classroom block going in circles, to the first, second and third storeys etc and following that, morning exercises, which consists of 20 pushups, 20 crunches, 100 jumping jacks (!!!), 20 heels lift, 20 squats and 40 dips for girls and idkhowmany pull ups for guys.

I was super dizzy after that because I was hungry. :( Breakfast was bread with Nutella and milo. Then there was break. And after that, 2 groups were told to follow Madam Joanne and the remaining 2 were to follow Sir Eric. My group was with Madam Joanne first.

We learnt different ways of footwork and then speed training. Like how to fake when sparring etc. I remembered doing 50 turning kicks constantly at a fast pace for each leg. Haha. I've got 5blisters so please don't think doing all the footwork was easy.

Lunch was catered food. Chicken rice!

Break before going to Sir Eric for sparring techniques.

"Sparring is like a mind game. You have to think of what the opponent is going to do next." - Sir Eric
Basically he taught us how to counter our opponents during sparring. It felt like sauna wearing the guards and all of us perspired like crazy. Imagine 3 hours in sauna. Haha.

We had a short break later and were told to change into jeans for some street fighting. We learnt some combat thingy and then also on how to breakfall etc. Congratulations to Kwaiga, KahMei, Alan, YiLong, YangJun and Dennis for getting the Top 3. :D

Then it was BBQ time!


Food food food!

We sat in a circle and started stupid games like 'Black Magic', 'Bang bang bang, Who Died?', 'Handyplast' etc. Kwaiga was the ultimate bimbo man. She drove us crazy during the black magic thing and Johnathan even said she brought the word dumb to another level. LOL!

Then we had this short birthday celebration for June babies.


That's Gordon, the president of Taekwondo Club lighting the mega small birthday cake until yesterday (third day) when all the J2s stepped down.


The June Babies.

After that there was a mass phototaking session.


The seniors' seniors.


If I'm not wrong, this is 5 different generations of presidents of Taekwondo Club together with Mr Lim, the teacher in charge of Taekwondo Club. The one on the left is Sir Eric btw, Coach of Taekwondo Club. He used to be a JJC's student, president of Taekwondo Club as well. :)


The seniors!


The J2s and J1s fellow Taekwondo Mates. :)

Wash up later and then all of us gathered in a classroom to watch a movie on Taekwondo. By the time we finished watching, it was already 2am in the morning.

All of us went to sleep immediately after that.

Last Day!
Woke up at 6. Did morning exercises, something like the 2nd day one but less of the dips, pull ups and jumping jacks.

Breakfast, with a break for packing up etc, and then we had sparring session.

I hate sparring by the way.

My sparring partner was Amina, and she is 40kg. I'm like 7kg heavier than she is and I was super afraid of hitting her too hard. Turns out I was wrong about her. Her kicks are strong etc. And I was a little taken aback by her actions.

After our first round of sparring, I broke down. I don't even know why I did. I thought sparring was scary. A lot of them were shocked that I broke down. Lol, I think they didn't expect that coming.

Second and third rounds of sparring, I completely 豁出去 already. I did my best after listening to the seniors' advice and I won.

My next opponent was Rachel and I was not ready for it. So I told Sir Eric I don't want to spar already. I can't take it anymore, lol.

All of us had our turns at sparring and as sadistic as this may sound, I prefer watching people sparring each other and I especially like the sound of people kicking their opponent at their body guard. :/

After everything, we were told to go back to our bunks to take all our stuff and gather at the PE porch.

Then we had the prize presentation for the best fighters. Congratulations to KahMei, Sia Feng, Alan and Sufyan! :)

Following that was the annoucing of the positions for J1s and the stepping down for the J2s.

Lynette, you're so gonna faint when you see this. :/

President: Yangjun (expected lah, haha)
Vice-President of Welfare: Rachel
Vice-President of Discipline: KwaiGa
Secretary 1: Shufen (exactly what I said I wanted during the interview)
Secretary 2: Pei Ying
Logistics: Johnathan
Treasurer: Zhi Hui
4 Team Captains: Sia Feng, Hadi, Dennis and Idkhowtospellhisname.

Haha, and I was joking on why and how they chose the VPs. Kwaiga, being the VP of Discipline is bimbotic, so when she disciplines people, they would become bimbotic, so they need to turn to the VP of Welfare, Rachel, who is a kind lady to counsel them out of their bimbotism. Lol. :D

We had this mini passing out thingy and then we all gathered and put our hands together and shouted 'Yeh yeh' (Gordon's quote) and then camp ended.

Dinch (combination of Lunch and Dinner) was at Pizza Hut and following that was home sweet home.

All in all, I enjoyed myself during camp even though I am aching all over and I developed muscles. :)

-----

Tomorrow's Taekwondo gathering at PartyWorld, we would rock the house down! :D

Gonna catch 1 episode of BOF and then it's mugging time for me. Goodbye, hope you enjoy the long update with little photos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, rude people suck.