Saturday, May 29, 2010

#241 - Taekwondo Tournament Part 2

Okay after like one week plus, I am going to talk about what happen in Taekwondo Tournament briefly.
 
It was at Bedok Hall and so we had a bus chartered to send us there.

These are the competition areas with Areas A, B and C.
They may seem like nothing much for us to perform there, but it's quite stressful (to me) since you're gonna be doing there with not one but FIVE judges looking at you front and back. *shudders at the thought of it, I am glad the ordeal is over*

Our holding area.

 Look at Hwa Chong banner! :O

Zoomed in for closer look! At first I thought it was some random banner promoting Chinese. -.- In the end, it's their 'rooting' banner. DOH!!

Fast forward to the prize presentation ceremony...

Look at us! We're the cool dudes wearing the blue/black jackets!!! B)

National Inter-school Taekwondo Championship 2010 A Divsion Male Poomsae Overall 3rd, National Inter-school Taekwondo Championship 2010 A Divsion Female Poomsae Overall 2nd, and Best Improvement Award (not printed because they won't know which school is going to clinch that award) all ours! :D Together along with medals by individuals and teams. (Mostly from teams)

I took part in only Individual this time because I didn't want the trainings to affect my studies. I didn't get anything in the end, but I am happy albeit being a teeny weeny sad seeing people all around me getting medals.

However, I managed to tell myself this: I lost to the bronze medal by 0.2 marks.
I only took part in the Individual Category and even managed to get into the Finals.
The rest had teams, I don't.
And lastly, (thick-skinned), if I hadn't taken part, I wouldn't have contribute 12++ marks for the Taekwondo team and the National Inter-school Taekwondo Championship 2010 A Divsion Female Poomsae Overall would be only 4th.

Okay. I am happy now. :D

Continued the happiness we camwhored and cheered and cried like madzxzxzxzxz.

Some of the photos. The rest are up at Facebook. :)

:D

Sidekick! (Whoops, I forgot to 'tuck in' my hands')

The J2s with Sir and his woman! :D

Ending with 2 photos and a 'quote'...


'Once a JJ Taekwondo-ian, always a JJ Taekwondo-ian.'
  
Thanks Sir and Joanne for teaching and correcting us.
Thanks to everyone in Taekwondo who made this happen.

Taekwondo brought me so much memories and I never want them to end.
1 year plus, it may be short, but I've learn a lot.
I never regret joining it at all.
It was worth it, to learn so many kicks, patterns and sparring techniques etc.
To make so many friends whom I am closed with.
I am contented.
I will certainly miss having lunches after Saturday trainings.

I will continue this sport and hope to go back to JJ someday when I graduate. :')

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, rude people suck.