Sunday, December 16, 2012

#578 - Food As Motivation #17 - Swee Choon

Headed to popular Swee Choon with my cousin (we forgot to take photo) the other day! :)
It's my first time having dimsum like really ordering a lot and eating them all, and my first dimsum restaurant under F.A.M. trips!

We had to cab from Bugis because it was raining!


Okay number of choices and I think we overestimated ourselves and ordered a lot.
But I managed to finish my portion! :)

So here's the food for two!

Swee Choon Mee-Suah Kueh (SGD2)
This is highly raved about and got 25 votes the last time I checked on hungrygowhere.
But both my cousin and I felt it was so-so only, somewhat oily with nothing to shout about.

Red Bean Paste Pancake (SGD4.80)
A little on the hefty side for just red bean paste with flour but this was good. (Y)

Shanghai Xiao Long Bao (SGD4)
One of the nicest we had that day!
They were stingy with the vinegar-soaked ginger slices though (maybe to reduce wastage?), but thankfully, we can request for more.

Pan Fried Pork Dumpling (SGD4)
Oilier version of Shanghai Xiao Long Bao.

Portugese Egg Tart (SGD3)
Buttery fragrance! :D

Sichuan Chili Oil Wanton (SGD4)
Give this a miss, quite tasteless.

Har Kow (SGD2.20)
Miss.

Prawn and Banana Fritter (SGD2.80)
The banana should be sweeter.

Beancurd Prawn Roll (SGD2.80)
Yummmmz, juicyyy.

Layer Pancake w/ Egg & Meat Floss (SGD4.30)
The pancake is so QQ and the ingredients taste good together.

Siew Mai (SGD1.60)
Siew Mai doesn't taste like Siew Mai, HAHA. :X

Steamed Salted Egg Yolk Custard Bun (SGD3.60)
Highly highly raved, and it was not bad!
The taste of the salted egg yolk was strong and I love the bun skin. :D
Best to eat when hot though!


Left with a full and contented stomach!
And guess I learn a lesson as well: Go with a large group of friends if you are having dimsum!

Oh and if you wanna save some money, reject their wet tissues because they charge for that! ;)

Details if you're interested (click the name for link):
Swee Choon Tim Sum Restaurant (closed on Tuesdays)
183/ 185/ 187/ 189/ 191 Jalan Besar
Singapore 208882
Tel 62257788

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, rude people suck.