Friday, December 19, 2014

#734 - Food As Motivation #45 - Symmetry

Finally back from my long hiatus! Have been busy after exams w FYP, catching up w friends and... dramas. :D

Met Yuhui the other day and she was asking why there are no more F.A.M.s entries anymore, so here's one. Haha my first after so long!

Actually all these FAMs are really backdated lo, so I will just type what I remember kayy.

See my hair length can tell it's quite a while ago lolol.

Popped by Symmetry for brunch w cousin the other day. It's a few minutes walk from Bugis MRT Station.


The restaurant was rather small or in better words cosy, and there were a lot of people that day. There was an ipad at the front where we could leave our name, number and pax, and when there's enough seats, a sms will be sent to notify us. That is great because I had time to get my durian and kaya swiss roll from the Rich & Good Cake Shop nearby.

Durian Swiss Roll (SGD7)
This was so good, the swiss roll was so soft and the fillings had the right amount of sweetness. Best served chilled. (Y)

The kaya ones were yummy too, and I don't even like kaya.

Be sure to come early, I heard their swiss rolls sell out fast!

Rich & Good Cake Shop
24 Kandahar Street
Singapore 198887
Tel 62943324

 The cosy place hahaha. We were on high chairs, so that explains why my view was so high.

Green Tea Latte (SGD6.50)
Bitter and lukewarm. Pass.

Berries Smoothie (SGD10)
Berry light and nice, you can taste the yoghurt hahaha. But also berry expensive.

Potato Fries (SGD15)
They have a description underneath that states "+ truffle oil emulsion" meaning it's truffle fries lahh. Hahah. Well big portion but I still prefer SPRMRKT's!

Symmetry Eggs Benedict (SGD22)
Those who know me or rather my stomach/tastebuds well would know I'd definitely order Eggs Ben to try.

It was a high price to pay, but the flavours are interesting. Not like your normal kind of Eggs Ben. The caramelized onions and portobello mushrooms are a little strong tasting in my opinion, I prefer my creamy salty Eggs Ben anyday. My cousin enjoyed it though!

 Symmetry Eggs Sur Le Plat (SGD24)
There are quite a number of things inside eg. pork sausages, carrots, eggs and creamed baby spinach. I love the last item! So yummy. The toast goes well w them too. :)

 Nice background for ootds I guess?

Probably won't be back again, prices are too expensive and I didn't really enjoy the ambience there! Haha, food is not good enough to make me stay too, although I only tried 3 of the dishes... Heee.

Details if you're interested (click the name for link):
Symmetry
9 Jalan Kubor #01-01
Singapore 199206
Tel 62919901


Be back soon, w frequent updates. Gonna schedule a number of them (probably at least 1 daily) before I fly! And my New Year's Resolutions also!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, rude people suck.