Saturday, October 3, 2015

#758 - Table Manners / Food As Motivation #48 - Nakhon Kitchen

Taking a break from writing about my December 2014 Trip, let's talk about my favourite thing, FOOD.

This set of photos were taken in March when I hung out w my cousins in the East area. Some photo credits to Shi Min! :)


We visited a cafe, Table Manners at Changi City Point but I don't have much to say about it because I remember I was busy calculating some exchange rates for Taiwan and seeing which rates was more worth it to exchange the remaining Taiwan money I have. It's hard okay, without a paper and pen. :X


 Love the setting of the cafe!
And most of us had brunch food!

 Mine! Yeah, me and my Eggs Benedict. I am soooo predictable.


I guess the food here was pretty normal, nothing to shout about. But maybe I was distracted. If I ever visit the East again, I might just give it another try.

Table Manners
5 Changi Business Park Central 1
Changi City Point — The Oasis #01-68/69
Singapore 486038
Tel 66047669

 The afternoon saw us at some games cafe at SAFRA (I think) and we paid SGD5 each for 2 hours of Saboteur. I wouldn't have remember having this part on that day had not it been for the photos. So awesome. Photos and videos. (Y)

On a side note, I am gonna take more photos and videos from now on, especially videos. Videos are able to capture that very moment of happiness/whatever emotions you are feeling and unlike memories, they are not "altered" and do not fade. Y'know sometimes the brain works in such a way and play w your memory? Videos won't ever do that to you. So yes, take ALL the videos. And of course, the videos "type" I am talking about it not the kind that are scripted and you have to act in front. It's the natural candid ones.

Okay, back to this.


It was so not worth it?? There were other games too but they weren't as fun. The choices were limited. That was when I decided to just head to Taobao to buy a set myself. It cost me about SGD5 too and I can play it forever. LOL. 是值得的.

 Actually our aim of the meet up was to have a meal at Nakhon Kitchen. We had time to kill and therefore went to a games cafe. 要不然也不会去啦.


We went to the Bedok one, hearing my cousin mention that the standard here is the best out of the others. So excited?! LOL.

It was a surprise that this place was under a HDB flat. I always thought it was a stand-alone restaurant or smth. There was a queue when we arrived but it moved fast! And we could order while queuing so by the time we got our seats, 5-10 minutes later, the food arrived.

 Their chilli is da bomb! There are like a few kinds and really sour spicy and all pack a punch! Try it if you love spicy stuff.
I tried one of the chili they offered and my tongue was like numb for quite some time. Like intense one. On fire really. First time!

Thai Iced Tea (SGD3)

It had this bittersweet taste, love it!

 Love it when there is a big group of people, because we can order a lot of food to try at one go and are able to finish them! ^^

 Pineapple Fried Rice (SGD6)

 Tom Yum Soup, Clear Base (SGD6)
I love this!! Super shiok, keep drinking it because it was *coughs* salty enough for me. So shiokkkk.

 Phad Thai Noodles (SGD5)
Rice noodles. (Y)

 Stir-fried Mince Pork w/ Hot Basil Leaves (SGD6)

 Green Curry Chicken (SGD8)
This is spicy but very shiok too. The curry was very rich in taste which is a +.

 Pandan Leaves Chicken (4pcs) (SGD6)
Skip this, my friends. They are quite bland.

 Homemade Thai Prawn Cakes (4pcs) (SGD12)
We had like 2 helpings of this dish even though it was so expensive. It was nice, although it does taste like fish cake (which I dislike). Dipping it into the sauce made it better haha.

 Mango Sticky Rice served w/ Coconut Milk (SGD5)
Pretty good!

So satisfied w this meal here!

Finally I tried a restaurant w super good ravings and it didn't disappoint me at all. Unlike Wimbly Lu, Tim Ho Wan, After You, Ippudo, Ramen Santouka and the chicken rice shop at FEP. Lolol. Maybe throw LlaoLlao in also.

Total bill split 到来 SGD16 per person which I think was quite hua la! Big group can try more things also!! And one more item striked off my F.A.M. list.

Details if you're interested:
Nakhon Kitchen
136 Bedok North Ave 3 #01-166
Singapore 460136
Tel 6245 5548

Ending this entry w 2 group shots of us that night!


Till then, X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, rude people suck.