Monday, March 30, 2009

#68 - Earth Hour

If you remember, 2 days ago was the Earth Hour.

So did you guys play a part in saving electricity wherever you are? (:

Well, firstly, the Earth Hour lasted for an hour, duh. But the dumbdumb me didn't know, I thought it lasted for the whole day. T.T And so the first thing in the morning, I was telling my dad to switch off the radio etc. And I felt so proud of myself for contributing during the Earth Hour. Come to think of it, I was so stupid.

It was until 8.25pm that I realised the actual Earth Hour starts from 8.30pm to 9.30pm. T.T And so I felt that since I contributed my part in the morning, I continued staying online along with a few others who do not see the need to contribute their part at all. Haha.

Anyway, I felt that the Earth Hour wasn't really that successful. Many of them still have their lights and etc switch on during that hour. I think the Singapore PUB should just let Singapore have a major breakout during that hour to teach Singaporeans the importance of electricity to us. Ah, that would be meaningful instead of expecting or hoping that selfish, typical Singaporeans will contribute their part in Earth Hour.

(I think I sound like those writing for examinations with question being 'Do you think that the Earth Hour is successful'? with regards to the previous paragraph.)

I was reading interesting Plurks yesterday and someone plurked saying that his mother shifted the Earth Hour to one hour later because she wanted to watch the Channel 8 show. Lol!

Anyway, I thought I'd just post an entry on Earth Hour so as to maintain my amount of readers coming to my blog. At least there is a long chunk of words to entertain you people, or maybe to hypnotise you guys to sleep dreaming of me and my blog. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, rude people suck.