Sunday, September 30, 2012

#569 - Happy Mid Autumn Festival




Hey...
I kinda miss those days where I would hang out with my friends/cousins at the parks near my house, carrying our brightly lit paper lanterns (and when I was even younger, lanterns with switches that would play music once switched on) and walking around, searching for empty spots where we would then play with the sparklers or candles and make pretty shapes or words out of them.
Or we'd melt all the candle wax together forming a pool of Paddle pop colours and then carved words on them.
Those paper lanterns which always get dented and the flame always extinguished fast...
So much to remember.
Really nostalgic.

It may seem like nothing much, and perhaps childish but all of us had so much fun then.
There was nothing to worry about (except burning the place perhaps) and the endless joy we had just laughing/smiling away just felt really good.
I don't know.
I just miss those days.

It's hard to get them back anymore, right?
But then again, I am not too old for all these yeah?
Didn't really celebrate Mid Autumn festivals for the past few years though.
My whole family just eats mooncakes.
That's all HAHAHA.

Anyway on average:

A lotus seed paste mooncake contains 716 calories!

A lotus seed paste mooncake with one salted egg yolk has 790 calories!!
If it has two salted egg yolks, that's 890 calories!!!
If it has four salted egg yolks, you're looking at 975 calories!!!!
(Source: x)

Haha I just thought I'd share this.
Because mooncakes are really unhealthy. :P

And yes, I am weird again.
Because I don't really like mooncakes.
People always ask me "How can you not love mooncakes?!"
I just feel it's too sweet and pasty.
Maybe I can comfort myself too, I am stopping myself from consuming those killer calories. Heee. :D


And this used to be one of my favourite food to munch on then.

It's rare to find such biscuits now it seems.
I don't know, it's not like I love the taste of it but I just like it? HAHA.
And I always like when I get to choose the colour of the packaging even though the colour doesn't affect the taste.
Kidssss.
And yes, I used to be a pink lover (shocking news) and thus I will always pick the pink one.
Haha but all of those colour picking, weird tastebud thingy was like during my primary school days lah!

Aiya, I just feel nostalgic LOR.

Happy Mid Autumn Festival to you!
(if anyone bothered reading all the way till here)

PS: What doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Don't think I wanna rant about what I said before anymore. 

(Photos' credits: x x x)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, rude people suck.