Sunday, July 4, 2010

#254 - Bare Your Sole event 050610

This event was on 5 June 2010.

 A shoebag was given with some stuff inside.
Thanks to Raine who helped me collect it. :)

In the bag contained...

 Shirt of your size.

 A stack of vouchers for icecream, yoghurt, McCafe sandwiches, Express Manicure, Slimming, Detox, Spa, Foot Massage and whatnots.
WHICH I DIDN'T EVEN USE because most of them needed appointments like the case of manicures.
As for food, they're too far away, mostly at the East Side.

2 packets of foot scrub. :)
It works man, the other day I tried washing my feet with it.
And my feet felt smoother and softer. :D

Remember my Seoul Garden entry?
Bare Your Sole event was the day after that.
So after the full meal at Seoul Garden, Raine and I took the bus back to Lynette's house for a night's stay since the event for the next day starts at 0730 and we thought it'd be convenient if we were to go together.

And so the moment we reached her house and settled down, we went to bath.
And after we were refreshed and free from the signature CHICKEN smell from Seoul Garden, we headed to West Mall.
Walk walk had icecream and Lynette got her makeup stuff etc.
Actually we just go out for the sake of going out?
Hahaha and then we went to the arcade to hang out a while and ended up in the neoprint machine.
Took lots of photos using Lynette's camera.

Massive upload of photos alert...

Normal shots.

Abnormal shots.
 Asking Raine to help me to fix my hair clip while Lynette kept on snapping away..

 Erm, I have no idea what I was trying to do here actually.

 I LOLED at Raine's expression.

After that, Raine and I got bored and went to play some arcade games.
Got on this ride which is similar to this Mini Rider 2 we both took during National Day last year.
This time the ride was super jerky you could feel your fats jiggling about.
HAHAHAHHA!

And then we went to take...
NEOPRINTS!

Like how many freaking years have passed since we last took them please.


We took since there was still money left. :D

Hahah stupid but kind of nostalgic.

Alright after that headed to the busstop to go back to Lynette's home.

Slacked a little and then after that, Lynette's parents came home with packets of Nasi Lemak for Supper.


Okay fine it doesn't look tempting but I love the rice and the egg!
Had second helpings of the rice as well.
Omg so sinful at 11plus at the night somemore accompanied with sparkling wine.
But shiok!

After a full stomach, we rested and straight after it was time for bed because we have to wake up at 0530 the next day!

Woke up so early to have Mac breakfast downstairs and Lynette's Dad was kind enough to help send us to East Coast Park.

We were not sure of the place and after much turning about, we alighted at the start of the park.
Timecheck: 0700
We were half an hour early.
Lynette's Dad left and we walked all the way to find the starting point.
Took us nearly an hour plus plus to reach the starting point.
6.5km walk to find that place.
Tried walking barefoot for a while to get use to it.
Freaking hurts. :(
And thus we were late and people started without us. -.-

But along the way while finding the starting point, we saw a lot of latecomers as well!
Hey we weren't late okay! We were like just half an hour early.

 Imagine the happiness when we see the starting point getting nearer to us.

 The carnival thing they set up was so far away from the starting point which is also the finishing point. They should have bring it nearer, having to walk on the thick grass is so freaking stupid.

Max happy when we saw this.

And then we took photos.

Getting ready for the 5km barefoot walk. :)

And off we goooo......

Starting was horrible.
Our feet were not used to the hard gravel.
I 'cheated' by walking on the middle where the surface was smoother at times/splashing into puddles to sooth my feet.


The weather wasn't helping either.

With strong gusts of wind and whatnots.

Took a break and rest and washed our feet and went to the toilet for a relief.

Journey continued and seemed endless.
But I told myself I have to complete this no matter what.

THIS is so NOT comforting when you felt that you've been walking for ages and knew that you still have 3km more to goooooo. :(

And then after 3km, it started to drizzle.
And rained like madz, huge raindrops falling over you.

This moment, I felt the most tired, my feet were aching, my muscles were sore, I was hungry, there was no motivation to move.
I could just give up.
But seeing the others in front, I gritted my teeth and strived on.
I had no umbrella and thus I use my shoebag as a cover. -.-

The wind was super strong it was super cold. SOBZ.
The feeling was indescribable.

When you finally see this, you realize you had the strength in you, and could run to the finishing line.


FINISH.
How nice the word looked like then.
No more walking, no more aches, no more 'sufferings'.
We were fortunate to have proper shoewear man.
If walking 5km barefooted on hard gravel already hurt so much, imagine those kids in third world countries who walked on rough and rocky roads with sand bits and whatnot?
Their skin would have been 'transformed' to super thick one to adapt to it.
I happened to walk on a path with a lot of sand particles and my feet hurt so freaking much even though I felt that it had thickened during almost 2 years of training for Taekwondo in barefoot and running on the tracks barefooted during Taekwondo warm up.
I am glad I paid to take part in this and the money will be put to good use.
And this is a good experience for me as well because I've taken part in charity walk etc before.
Never regret joining it, the pain was worth it.
And to add on, we walked for a total of 11.5km without stopping.

Everything ended well, and we left East Coast Park feeling lethargic.
Took the underpass and walked for quite some time in search of a busstop.
FOL - Fuck Our Legs.

Lynette took a direct bus and Raine and I took a bus to Dhoby Ghaut.

Had lunch at Pastamania.
Then Yami Yoghurt. :D

Then home sweet home and zzz.

Next entry: 09S22 Class BBQ 170610.
Be back soon! (K)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, rude people suck.